Refreshed from Padang to Pagang

good morning universe!
late posting blog, huh? it's ok then, I'm back again! :)

I was thinking of how I could escape from the stupidity and crowd of the town, even only 1 week. It's been kinda more than a year. I've been dreaming and imagining of how I can touch the city of Jogja, beach, Dieng, and so on, and tadaaaaa! My mind was refreshed again by the simple yet beauty of Padang, a small but peaceful city. Yes, I recommend you to fly to Padang :)

I was imagining for flying to Padang since 2009. Yes, I am an AIESECer and I started my first conference in AIESEC in Jakarta (yes, in AIESEC there are a lot of conferences for developing members' leadership). And I still remember the conversation between me and one of AIESEC Universitas Andalas members:

"Anti harus ke Padang yah, nanti kita jalan bareng naek angkotnya Padang. Angkotnya Padang gaul banget, full of music"

"Iya, janji Jes, nanti main ke Padang, ajak aku jalan-jalan yaah"

And, as the time goes by, I don't even know when I could be in Padang. As I want to end up my life in AIESEC, that simple conversation that I didn't even know would come true or not was coming.

I was in Padang for 10 days to attending National Election Conference!

Well, National Election Conference is an annual conference for AIESEC members to have election for the next President and Vice Presidents of AIESEC Indonesia, and also for unleashing the next future leaders. Anyway, congratulation for Sandro Rayhansyah (from AIESEC UI) for being elected as President of AIESEC Indonesia 12/13.

Back again to my post..

The conference was only 5 days (Jan 27th-31st 2012), but I spent more my days in Padang for 4 days (Jan 26th, Feb 1st-2nd 2012) :D There's no special place anyway in Padang, they prevent to build good and high building because of the earthquake, that's why you'll find like usual buildings in Padang.

But, if you like culinary traveling, I suggest you to fly there! :) (if you have cholesterol, I suggest you to prevent it :P)
es durian! the best culinary one in Padang. You can buy it in "Ganti nan Lamo" restaurant
Sate Padang! Rp.14.000 but really worth it. You can buy it in "Warung Sate Padang KMS"
Kue Cane "Malabar" with Gulai Kambing. Truly maknyuss!
I ate the biggest durian that I ever had with only Rp.45.000! :)
Jembatan Siti Nurbaya (Siti Nurbaya Bridge). cool enough to visit ;)
cool public transportation in Padang. full of music and disco light \m/ (both bus and angkot)
 Not only in Padang that I spent my holiday at, I went to Pagang Island too with several members from AIESEC Indonesia. With only Rp.150.000 I got transportation, a big Masakan Padang (meal), snorkeling, and swimming :) That's my first time to see a very private beach and a very smooth sand ever, am I too weird or too much busy in the city? :(

Sikuai Island, another island that I passed through on my way to Pagang Island


kinda excited to see the blue beach
due to the disability to swim, I could only swim in the shore :P
the sand is truly warm, even my friends and I slept over for a while there ;)
my first snorkeling! with the live vest of course :P
Yap, back again, small conversation or talk can make your dreams come true. So, keep your talking in the right track and for the goodness of your self and your surrounding because it will possibly come true :)

Wait me for another post of my journey :)


p.s.: sometimes a perfectionist also need a time for relaxing his/her body, mind, and soul. And I'm addicted with traveling now


@antiik

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kampung Lali Gadget: Paket Komplit untuk Anak Bergembira Bermain bersama Orang Tua, Menuntaskan Tugas Tumbuh Kembang, dan Mencintai Indonesia.

Brand & Branding: Pertama Kali Jatuh Cinta dengan Mereka

Setelah PCOS, 2 Garis itu Akhirnya Muncul!